- Experimental Thermodynamics Volume X: Non-equilibrium Thermodynamics with Applications
- Nonequilibrium thermodynamics and maximum entropy production in the Earth system
- Non-equilibrium thermodynamics
- Please note:
- Personal Website Jose Maria Ortiz de Zarate Leira
This will be discussed elsewhere.
- Microsoft Windows PowerShell 3.0 Firstlook?
- Non-equilibrium thermodynamics.
- Navigation menu?
- Seeking Meaning for Goethes Faust.
The viewpoint that the existing theory is some kind of gauge theory with gauge fixing may be useful to generalize the theory. One of the most interesting applications of this method is the application to classical mechanics, where a momentum may be regarded as a kind of statistic S. Katagiri, manuscript in preparation. The entropy of a thermodynamic path, which is essential for the differential form representation of non-equilibrium thermodynamics, is also key to the detailed fluctuation theorem [ 11 ].
Then, the gauge-fixing method and the gauge principle may help understand the second law of thermodynamics. All arguments so far are in the realm of classical theory. Reconsideration of our discussion in the context of quantum theory is important. In the latter case, the quantum fluctuation may be added to Eq. For other applications, application to phase transition phenomena can be considered. By applying our gauge-fixing method to time-dependent Ginzburg—Landau theory, we may obtain understanding between these two gauge symmetries.
Experimental Thermodynamics Volume X: Non-equilibrium Thermodynamics with Applications
Finally, optics and non-equilibrium thermodynamics may have a closer relationship than previously thought, such as the invariance of the line element of light under the gauge transformation. We will investigate such a relationship in future work. I am deeply grateful to Akio Sugamoto for discussions that clarified important points on thermodynamic forces.
I am indebted to Ken Yokoyama and Shiro Komata for reading this paper and giving useful comments. The last equation is the Hamilton—Jacobi equation. The application of the Hamilton—Jacobi equation to fluctuation phenomena is studied by Kitahara [ 14 ]. We want to discuss the restriction from the second law of thermodynamics on our model with a non-linear constitutive equation. Non-equilibrium macroscopic oscillatory phenomena have been discussed in the context of chemical reactions [ 16 ].
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. Sign In or Create an Account. Sign In. Advanced Search. Article Navigation. Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation. Volume Article Contents.
- Fluctuating Hydrodynamics!
- Going Home: Finding Peace When Pets Die.
- Services on Demand;
- The Natural History of Weasels and Stoats: Ecology, Behavior, and Management.
- Anthropology Put to Work (Wenner-Gren International Symposium Series)!
- Experimental Thermodynamics Volume X (RSC Publishing)!
Differential form of non-equilibrium thermodynamics. Thermodynamical gauge theory. Path integral.
Nonequilibrium thermodynamics and maximum entropy production in the Earth system
Non-equilibrium thermodynamics as gauge fixing So Katagiri. E-mail: so. Oxford Academic. Google Scholar. Cite Citation.
Permissions Icon Permissions. As its dual version, Eq. Then, Eq. Since the gauge transform 22 introduces an entropy shift 23 , we want to fix this gauge. Substituting Eq.
Here, let us discuss this gauge theory in the path-integral representation. Solving Eq. Since Eq. Then, under Eq. B3 , Eq. Read the full text. Tools Request permission Export citation Add to favorites Track citation. Share Give access Share full text access.
Share full text access. Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Citing Literature. Volume 41 , Issue 4 March Pages Related Information.
Personal Website Jose Maria Ortiz de Zarate Leira
Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure. Email or Customer ID.
Forgot password? Old Password.
- The politicization of parenthood : shifting private and public responsibilities in education and child rearing!
- A fully coupled THM model based on a non‐equilibrium thermodynamic approach and its application.
- Working Parents and the Welfare State: Family Change and Policy Reform in Scandinavia;